Monday, September 1, 2008

i'll sing of the years you will spend getting sadder and older...



ok i've tried to introduce this band 'beirut' to alot of people with mixed receptions, personally i think everything about them fukkin rules... first song i heard was 'elephant gun' off their 'long gisland' ep i think

Zach Condon is the genius behind the music and as i understand he is with other musicians living in france as they write a new album, theres a whole series of these clips of the band performing songs in weird places in france... i love it..

this one is the song 'nantes' off their most recent LP 'the flying club cup'

3 comments:

Rimoni said...

Bro, I have been hiding the fact that this bands last album got some serious airtime from me when I was travelling to and from work for almost 2 months straight. Freaking genius.

I got yo back nikkah :o)

yo willy! said...

haha we can come out together man..cant wait for the new album eh

Rimoni said...

I was gutted that I missed them when they came here earlier on - they went off. Freaking show was sold out before I got a chance to even look up the booking.

Heh - I actually bought their album "The Flying Club Cup", now that's a rarity..